If you're searching for pediatric physical therapy in Tampa, you've come to the right place.
We believe all children, all ages and ability - no matter their developmental and skill levels, have chances to improve to the best quality of life possible.
We love kids of all ages, from newborn babies to young adults!
Children of Preschool and school ages from Elementary- Middle school- High school and young adults all have unique developmental needs that we can address to optimize their mental and physical growth.
Providing Pediatric Physical Therapy for Kids in Tampa
We make therapy fun with therapeutic games, creative mobility, music, and we encourage parents and family to nurture their optimal function.
Calming and quieting the mind is also very important. Both kids and adults need time to focus and understand our inner selves. We nurture our own bodies and mind and in turn relay that to the children and families that we work with. Kids who have high levels of distractibility, anxiety, reduce executive function need to have calming time to refocus. We understand each child’s needs and cater our therapy environment to each child.
In school or college sports, we optimize performance with proper training and warm up, conditioning, correct exercise and body mechanics, while preventing injuries or overuse of muscle and joints.
Best Pediatric Physical Rehab in Tampa for Young Adults Too
For young adults working, we address work performance body mechanics, work injury prevention, work and home ergonomics such as desk and computer set up, work environment layouts, and temperature and lighting controls.
For children and young adults with predispositions to injuries and illness, such as asthma, arthritis, juvenile diabetes, sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis, other reduced immunities, etc. we understand each level of symptoms and will instruct and work with each person individually to address their needs and concerns.
Teenagers with Scoliosis have legitimate worries regarding their body image and fitting in with friends, as well as chronic irritating pain, fatigue from reduced breathing and digestive and voiding functions. We work with all levels of complications to help improve and reshape body image and confidence, as well as physical conditioning.
Incontinence is a private issue that can be embarrassing for the individual and the family usually doesn’t know how to handle correctly. There are solutions and treatments to help. Our Pelvic Abdominal Health experts will evaluate and discuss these concerns and provide treatment and education for both the patient and family.
Wheelchair Fitting for Kids in the Tampa Area
For those active (or inactive) in wheelchairs, we evaluate for the best customized wheelchair fitting for life activities including sports, home and community mobility.
Some specific problems that we see often in Pediatric Physical Therapy:
- Abdominal bloating/ Indigestion
- Arthritis and Joint injuries and inflammations
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Childhood Cancers
- Chronic and Acute pain
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Cognitive/ Behavioral issues
- Digestive issues, IBS (Irritable Bowels Syndrom)
- Down’s Syndrome
- Genetic disorders
- Head Injuries
- Incontinence of Bladder and Bowels
- Metabolic disorders
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Neuromuscular deficits and weaknesses
- Pain in single or multiple areas, chronic or acute
- Pelvic Floor dysfunction in males and females
- Premature births
- Scoliosis/ Kyphoscoliosis
- Spinal injuries
Ginger Health Pediatric Physical Therapy Services includes these specialties:
- Abdominal Health
- Balance/ Vestibular disorders
- Babies / Children Developmental milestones
- Developmental Disabilities
- Driving assessments for teens and young adults with all types of abilities and needs – see our specialty website www.GraceAdaptiveDriving.com for more info
- Ergonomic assessments
- Fine and gross motor improvement
- Gait/ Transfer training
- Home Safety Modifications
- Pain treatment for all parts of body
- Pelvic Pain/ Incontinence bowel and bladder- see our specialty site www.PelvicExpert.com
Performance (musicians/ dancers) repetitive injuries
- Running assessment
- Sports and Work Injuries and Prevention
- Sensory Integration
- Strengthening Conditioning exercises
- Vision impairments
- Wheelchair / Walker/ Cane/ Crutches Customized Assessment and Fitting
Also, we are Multi-lingual: We have English, Spanish, Vietnamese and other language speaking staff available as needed.
For More Information, Click Here to Contact One of Our Pediatric Physical Therapy Clinics in Tampa
Visit Our Social Media Sites - See the left side of this website for links to our Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube channels!
Have a Harmonious Year!